Giovanna is a qualified piano and music teacher with over 20 years of experience in teaching piano, theory, improvisation.
Qualifications: (B.A. Music/Sociology UNSW, A.dip.A ANZCA, Dip. of Music, Jazz – Wollongong Conservatorium)
My passion is to teach students to become confident musicians and performers not just pianists. The lessons are creative and are tailored to suit your individual needs, teaching you a variety of skills to enable you to become a confident performer.
I teach children from as young as 4 years old, and have a program tailored especially for this age group, which includes singing, rhythm activities and musical games on the piano.
Primary school aged students as well as adults are the majority of my students, and many enjoy preparing for piano exams with the AMEB.
I teach all piano grades commencing with Preliminary through to 8th Grade including HSC Music students.
Lessons include the following:
- Building a repertoire
- AMEB Exam preparation for piano
- Exam preparation for theory exams
- Developing Memorization skills
- Developing Performance skills
- Sight reading
- Playing by ear
- HSC Music
- Creative beginner lessons for young children as young as 4 years old
Main Studio – Lessons Held at 420 Pitt St, Sydney
(5 min walk from Central Station)
Lessons available Weekly or Fortnightly:
30 Minutes – $40
45 Minutes – $60
1 Hour – $75 (1 Hour lessons – AMEB Classical Series, Grades 6, 7 and 8 – $80)
*Free trial lesson for new students – (student must attend free trial at the studio on 420 Pitt St, Sydney)
Piano – Flute – Vocal – Guitar and Violin teachers are now available to teach in your home in the following areas:
$5-$10 travel fee will be added for teachers travelling to student’s home
- Darlinghurst, Eastern Suburbs, Bondi Junction, Paddington, Zetland
- Surry Hills
- Sydney (CBD), Glebe, Ultimo & Pyrmont
We provide opportunities for students to perform at:
- Ryde Eisteddfod & Sydney Eisteddfod
- Concerts held at the end of each Term at the Studio, giving each student experience in performing in a friendly environment.
- Children Workshops – school holidays workshops available on Improvisation, Theory and Performance.
- Adult Workshops – for amateur musicians that want to gain confidence and experience in performing with constructive feedback.
January Workshops available now for 2019:
Tues 22nd January: Theory Workshop, Prepare for Grade 1 or Grade 2 Theory exams. Time: 10-11:30am $60
Thurs 24th January: Improvisation Workshop, Introductory to improvisation based on the Blues or Contemporary approaches suits children aged 7 -12 years Time: 10-11.30am $60
*Registered teacher with the AMEB
*Working With Children Check – WWC0658787E